金曜日, 10月 29, 2004

Dad and Carrie Go Head-to-Head

Dad: Hi
Carrie: hi
Carrie: working on my lesson plans for next week
Carrie: any ideas?
Dad: How are you doing? The U.S election?
Carrie: that is good
Carrie: very in depth though
Dad: be balanced!
Carrie: maybe for san nensei
Carrie: 3rd grade
Carrie: i am always balanced
Carrie: i just always have an opinion
Dad: No left-wing propoganda:-\
Carrie: that i think is right
Dad: Opinions are OK
Carrie: left wing is not propoganda
Carrie: it is real
Dad: I'm glad your'e on the "right"
Dad: Just kidding
Carrie: conservatism is propoganda- ignoring the fact that there are others in the world who do not have the same opportunity ; and full of populist propoganda
Carrie: just made myself a horrible cup of coffee
Carrie: i really don't like instant coffee
Dad: No conservatism is realizing that you need to help people help themselves and become self-sufficent.
Carrie: i think i will buy a coffee press and use it here at school for some proper coffee
Dad: I've never liked instant coffee
Carrie: help themselves by keeping opportunity from them?
Carrie: or at least difficult to achieve?
Dad: No teaching them and setting reasonable expectations.
Dad: Kind of like I raised you.
Dad: You know "do the right thing."
Carrie: teaching them how- by beating them and telling them to get back up?
Dad: Sure
Carrie: yes and the man you are voting for does not do the right thing
Carrie: that isn't right
Dad: You know thta's not what I mean.
Carrie: you should reach out and help people- it is possible
Carrie: without getting walked over
Carrie: do you respect a bully more than someone with a firm voice and open heart?
Dad: Anyway, just teach tem about how the two party system works in the U.S. We're still the country where everyone wants to come to live
Dad: depend on weather there's any substance behind the "kind" voice and "open" heart (whatever that is)
Carrie: the system isn't actually a 2 party system- but the two parties are the only ones who get anything because they have the money, and are we the country everyone wants to live in? I beg to question..
Dad: Correcto
Carrie: whether
Dad: It still works. do you think Geroge Washington was in poverty?
Carrie: no, but I do think it is wrong to not at least have people in the system who do not represent this voice
Carrie: and I think George Bush lacks substance- I would love to BBq with the guy- but as far as letting him run my company- no chance- sorry
Carrie: i don't think he is real
Carrie: i think he is a puppet who doesn't know what comes out of his mouth
Dad: Everyone in this country has the opportunity to succeed. Black, yellow, green, purple if they work hard, get and education (which is free) Look at Nanny-Mum, etc. We didn't have extra money. it's the people who have the opportunity and don't do anything with it that need a quick kick in the pants. Tehre's no excuse for dropping out of schools, etc.
Carrie: and what is this stuff about us losing weapons- please!
Carrie: I'm not saying there is
Dad: Didn't you ever loose anything? :-D
Carrie: but not everyone has the opportunity yet
Carrie: and we are taking money from this opportunity to give it to things like weapons that we lose in terrorist filled country
Carrie: that we were advised by UN and others to watch more cloesely
Carrie: and now countries like UK, Japan, NZ, Australia, and even US are losing civilian casualties in a war that was said to be over a year ago
Dad: What's the big deal about a few missing bombs, erc. Seriously, do you think any president can control that kind of thing. that's a mess up by the military if it really did happen. they're not sure./ the press has too much air-time and space to fill with "new." If we had had this kind of coverage in wwII, the Civil wAr, etc. it would have seemeed much worse.
Carrie: you know if the REpublican platform went back to the days of FDR and even Teddy Roosevelt and started concentrating more on domestic issues I would be impressed. the republican party reminds me of Wes
Dad: No war in history has really been over that quickly. We're still dealing with the aftermath of the civil war in some ways, even though it was necesaary and mad our country a better place. There were 7000 soldiers kille in less than two hours at Shiloh. Doesn't make killing any better I know.
Dad: You're right on that. I love wes.
Carrie: i love Wes too
Carrie: and I don't know his political stance- but he is strongheaded and unwilling to listen or accept anything other than what HE THINKS to be true..
Carrie: and just because we can kill more exact doesn't make this anybetter
Dad: Hey, I've missed having you around to argue with. This is just like our old chats with you draping your legs over my green chair upside down. >:o
Carrie: it just means that there are more opportunities for us to use expensive bombs to ruin a country that is only going to be rebuilt by a company our VP gets income from
Carrie: I don't understand why you like this guy!?
Carrie: It is not like he has given YOU sole rights to the airfilter business in the Middle East
Dad: Anyway, at your age I would have been making the same arguments you're making. Remember this 30 years from now when you're old grey and a Republican voting for W the III.
Carrie: you should talk to your parents and ask them why in their 80 years of wisdom they disagree with you
Carrie: old and grey
Carrie: smarter and wiser (thank goodness there is no W the III)
Dad: Nanny agrees with me. Mum doesn't like Bush and likes clinto fro some reason.
Dad: clinton
Carrie: i think it has to do with not just what you listen to
Carrie: but what you hear
Carrie: I like Clinton.
Dad: by the way, who did you vote for?
Carrie: and everyone hears different things- but due to this day in age you can hear and see things all around
Dad: :-D:-D:-D
Dad: Like my false teeth?
Dad: Ican't hear well either you know.
Carrie: and I think it is important to recognize the difference between why certain things are on mainstream news and why certain things are covered up
Dad: I give!!!!
Carrie: ok- you know I am right
Dad: Just don't editorialize too much with your kids.
Carrie: so Tuesday you should vote in an effort to help your kids
Carrie: and maybe in an effort to help your grandkids (some day)
Carrie: give them the opportunity to be educated, hold jobs, see nature
Dad: I am. Paying less taxes helps my kids. the student loan interest rates are the lowest in history.
Carrie: give me the opportunity to recieve my SS which I have already given into for 11 years in my short life here on Earth
Dad: anyway I got the exldusive air filkter contract for Iraq
Carrie: remember, "the economy" you said "is not directly related to GW being in office"
Dad: don't be;lieve everything I say
Carrie: loans- interest rates- and mortgages would still be in the same place no matter what happened
Carrie: because those are all controlled by the economy, right dad?
Dad: The congress voted the new lower rates to stimulate education.
Carrie: I know that what is controlled by presidents are things that are affecting me personally
Carrie: that would have happened either way- and that effort was a joint party effort- started by ahem- not the republicans
Dad: the student loan rates are not. it was part of bush's educational initiative. He believe the way to build more jobs is through better education. 95% of the small business owners, 85% of physicians and 1% of trial lawyers are for bush.
Carrie: jobs- there aren't any and there is no stimulation to create any with this regime
Dad: We have 7 new jobs created at AllegyZone
Dad: and our practice continues to grow
Carrie: ecology
Dad: huh?
Carrie: the environment- there is going to be nothing left of our country
Carrie: we are drilling in Alaska
Carrie: we are logging WA and everywhere else there is a forest!
Dad: On ot a new topic?
Carrie: it is jsut a topic that this regime seems to love to ignore
Dad: Anyway, enough political argument. I'm glad I changed your mind.
Carrie: but loves to take to even a more "crucial desperate need immdiate attention" point
Carrie: you will never change my min
Carrie: d
Carrie: I am living amongst the world
Carrie: and I hear what people have to say
Dad: at least I changed your d
Carrie: I hear peoples perceptions of us as a country
Carrie: and I am disgusted
Carrie: and not everyone I talk to are liberals
Carrie: and not everyone I talk to are conservatives
Dad: Well, keep it all in perspective. it's much easier to be critical of anything than to look for the positive.
Dad: No matter which side you're on politically
Carrie: but one thing that everyone I talk to agree on..is why we being such a strong country and full of so many resources fail to use these resources and fail to have strong leaders in office
Carrie: leaders who aren't like frat boy rush presidents
Carrie: leaders who don't care how fast they can run or how well they can snowboard
Carrie: leaders who can argue issues, compare politics, listen to both sides, and not turn a blind eye
Carrie: and I have nothing to tell them
Carrie: but I do agree with them, it is time to give some one else a shot
Dad: And many of them would love to come and live here. we are free and can argue liekt hsi without worring about lossig our heads. And we still survive, even with Clinton, bush, etc. that's what makes us great.
Carrie: It sucks when people tell you flat out they are scared of your country, and really scared when they think that man could have another 4 years to run it.
Carrie: will we survive dad?
Carrie: We have never had such a threat against us
Dad: No one man can change the overall direction of our country. and when something like 9/11 happens we're all united.
Carrie: well we have had the threat
Carrie: are we united?
Carrie: people can throw that patriotic BS down your throat
Carrie: but to me it is like all these devout Catholics I know who don't even know what they are reciting at mass, or what it means to really have faith
Dad: It's kind of like you, wes and Sara arguing. You might fight among yourselves, but when it comes down to the bottom line you would battle for each other.
Carrie: I wouldn;t
Carrie: if wes or sara was beating on some guy for looking at him the wrong way I wouldn't step in
Carrie: but they wouldn't do that
Carrie: you know who would
Dad: right
Carrie: hmmm...BUSH!
Dad: that's where we see things differetnly
Carrie: he is like that drunk guy at the bar you just really wish would leave
Carrie: or hey- ok enough of me calling the cleaned up bush a drunk
Dad: well we'll see what happens on tuesday.
Carrie: he is like that punk at a ballgame who just can't stand to see his team lose so talks a lot of sh..
Carrie: you know what
Dad: I've got to get up early in the AM, so I'm going to 'give" again.
Carrie: I don't think what happens on Tuesday will really matter
Dad: Let's just pray that whoever winns that ouyr country remains safe.
Carrie: How un-party oriented- you "GIVE?" succumbing to the enemy?
Carrie: Because it is those people who only get to see the conventions and those who have free time on their hands or control their businesses enough who actually make it to the polls.
Carrie: i jsut hope that whoever wins doesn't start something with North Korea
Carrie: Because with that accuracy of our smart bombs- I wouldn't want to be blown up
Carrie: goodnight dad
Carrie: sweet dreams
Dad: Everyone has the opportunity to vote. There's actually increased registration. Again, it takes getting out of bed early before work, etc.
Carrie: true
Carrie: but not everyone is educated to know how really important it is to vote
Dad: Hey I love you little rebel
Carrie: hardly a rebel
Carrie: I just keep it real dad
Carrie: I am going to post this on my blog.
Dad: Ok Ms Real. I love you. Wehat on your Blog?
Carrie: this im
Dad: My mispelled words?
Carrie: yep mine too- when we type fast it happens
Carrie: see there you go again mr now a republican
Carrie: can't let anyone see any of your mistakes huh
Carrie: power to the people!
Carrie: ha!
Carrie: goodnight dad
Carrie: love you
Dad: :-[:-X
Carrie: I have to go practice an earthquake drill
Dad: Love you too. Goodnight. be careful.
Carrie: always- I am careful with everything- that is why no one worries about me, it's not lack of love- it is because you all know I am SMART AND KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THE WORLD
Carrie: so therefore I have a better say on who to vote for
Carrie: that is logic
Carrie: did you take philosophy
Carrie: ?
Carrie: tried, tested and true stuff...
Carrie: if only people used more logic
Carrie: :-)
Dad: That I agee on. Good night.
Carrie: for real though- goodnight and have a good weekend
Dad: I go to beautiful south Dakota tomorrow
Carrie: enjoy the beauty
Dad: for one night to give a talk.
Carrie: it might not be around in another 4 years if we reelect some puppet
Dad: night.
Carrie: nite