日曜日, 11月 28, 2004

Sunday after Thanksgiving

It's Sunday November 28th, I have been here for four months now. To be honest I can't believe it. I have started the holiday season, had a Thanksgiving I will never forget. Actually right now, I am heating up my convection oven in order to bring a little bit of home closer to me. I am getting ready to broil a good ole' kentucky hot brown. Thank you Maria for the turkey, the leftovers from Thanksgiving thrown into a hot brown is probably my favorite thing about the holiday. You should have seen me at the store trying to decipher which powdery white substance in the baking aisle was flour. Armed with my translator, trying to match the kanji, I had no success, then I asked someone as they were walking by (after about 10 minutes) and they turned me around and pointed down, to flour. obviously flour because it was in the typical paper bags that flour comes in... one of my least favorite things to do in this country is to go to the grocery with a list- it takes forever to find what I am on a mission for...So on top of that I am going to try this hot brown thing, got the closest thing to bacon that you can get, made my rue with some random white cheese and real cheddar...hopefully it will at least be an edible variation when it comes out of the little 3 in one oven.
Today has been nice, got to talk to several friends and Sara. I really do miss everyone.
I have an exciting filled few weeks coming up... tommorrow I have work and taiko, then Tuesday work and Japanese class..Wed and Thurs are a little easier (nothing after school yet) and then Friday Karmen and I are hitting Tokyo for four days!!! It will be a blast and nice to venture out on my own a little in the city. Then the following Wed is my 25th birthday. No plans for the day yet, probably will do nothing spectacular, but Friday I have an enkai with my japanese class and then an open mic night, and Saturday a big group of folks are hitting up an izakya for my birthday- it should be a blast- coworkers, teachers, taiko buddies, coffee club members, and my friends...can't wait it will be here before I know it.