火曜日, 8月 02, 2005

Jan Arrives in Three Days!!

Just got off the phone with Jan. She will be here on Friday. I was prepping her. I am having her come from Narita airport to my little town of Arai all by herself. Not becaue I don't love her to death, orbecause I want her to hate Japan. But because my town Matsuri is on Friday and I would have to take a whole day off work to get her, and I would rather spend that day off work with her since they are so priceless. our conversation was over an hour (and I was on the phone at work). There were lots of long silences, "you sure you are ok?"s, and even a "so you really can't come to Tokyo and get me?" moment. And of course a "ganbare! and I love you!" at the end of the conversation, of which my first year student heard and asked me about... so I told them my good friend is coming to Japan for the first time on Friday. They were excited too! Then left the room having learned the words ii tomadachi = good friend. good friend = i love you. So I got a My friend Carrie, I love you! screamed across the teachers room upon their exit. So cute. Well about Jan...That girl has some balls! I am so excited about her coming. This will be her first time to travel so far alone. I think other than our trip together to Mexico it will also be her first time abroad. And she is going at it like a wild woman, she has done lots of research and appears to be just as excited as me. Our plans are to hang out, go camping and hiking. It is going to rock! I can't wait for her to be here!