水曜日, 3月 22, 2006

おいしいそうだね! doesn't this look delicious??

CIMG1603

Last night, I got a surprise visit around midnight from my friend Takahito. He brought me this sushi that he made for me as a gift. Doesn't it look fabulous...too bad, it is sitting in my fridge until I get home this afternoon to eat it for dinner. (Well actually I have already devoured one of each for a succulent breakfast...it is melt in your mouth, sushi wonderfullness...

CIMG1604

if you are ever in town, I will have to take you to his sushi restaraunt, he trained in and specializes in delicate japanese cuisine that is drawn out over a long relaxing meal....the place has no menu, it is always omakase, chef's choice, so you are at his mercy (and the mercy of his father and mother who also are there socializing and running the business- don't be surprised if you are handed a plethora of random treats i.e. cookies, mikans (tangerines), sake, wine) you not only will get the treat of delicious sushi made as you chat, him forming the rice in his hands and cutting up the fish, slapping it all together, and then setting it in front of you on the counter that they have cleaned off....but you can have martini glasses full of delicacies such as ikura (salmon roe)...which to be honest I can only take so much of (and not a martini glass full)....or seared tuna with wasabi...or salmon with pumpkin sauce...or mussel soup.... the food (when served) has yet to dissappoint...that and he is one of the friendliest men I have met in Japan, when Tiff and I were going through pre-HongKong missing item trauma, he was the one who helped us out by calling the police and rounding up information....even though he can't speak English, he is a joyous person who is always generous.7f075591

this photo must be credited to Tiffany, it is from a dinner we had at sushi yoshi a while back- oishisoune!

.....great friends are so important in life...and surrounding yourself by true genuine people is even more important...I am so lucky to have those luxuries in my life...this delicious surprise topped off a rockin' weekend I spent with Tiff dancing our butts off, socializing our hearts out, having stimulating conversation, enjoying each others company, and discussing the true important things in life.... (that and we missed liz a lot too, hoping for her safe return)...

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Suess

so true. so true.