金曜日, 10月 29, 2004

You Don't Like Carrie???

This coming Tuesday is Election Day in the US. I have already sent off my ballot to be counted via absentee ballot.
SO THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR NOT VOTING PEOPLE!!
One thing that I miss about my random visits home is a good political chat. My dad and I have agreed until recently on many political stances, but we have always been capable of finding some point to debate. And he knows I am right. So below is a chat we had online (and we had a phone conversation not too long ago too) about politics. You must read the following with a light heart, and know this is a conversation between a dad who helped mold this girl and who helped pay for the education that allows his daughter to think in this manner.

It was preceded by a great incident between my sister, Sara, and dad at dinner in STL recently that she shared with me. My dad was in town visiting sara and they were out to dinner. -------->

Sara: blahblahblah regular conversation then.....
Dad: Do you want to know why I don't like Carrie?
Sara: what?!!!??
Dad: Do you want to know why I don't like Carrie?
Sara (thinking to herself, do you not like me too?): Ummm...Sure.
Dad: Because I think he is to wishywashy.
Sara: OH!!! KERRY! OK! KERRY!

So to all those who may not like Kerry, it is ok, and to all those who may not like Carrie, well that is ok too. Everyone is entitled to your own opinion.......Just formulate your opinion wisely.