金曜日, 10月 28, 2005

~Angelic~

As I sit here at my desk writing this, I am listening to angelic voices. Really it is just my students practicing for the school music festival next Wednesday. It is amazing how beautiful the little tyrants can sound, this is a complete contrast from my typical lesson. (I have yet been able to go practice with the teachers and parents but I am expected to and going to attempt to sing two japanese songs next week in front of all my students like i did last year

Aren't they the cutest little darlings~on the left we have Sena showing off her ishou (costume) and on the right we have Ruki. Ruki was too anxious for a picture she just wanted to show off her jack-o-lantern. I started back teaching my ekaiwa this week. I really do enjoy it, but it is a lot of work to entertain small children with English for an hour. Especially since it is only three students- makes games an issue, but you just look at their cute little faces and it all goes away. Sena and Ruki's mom is in my adult class, and their english rocks... they are not shy so it is a lot of fun to play with them. I recently ran into another one of my ekaiwa students, Aira, at the grocery store. Aira saw me and screamed Eigo no Sensei (I had only taught him once thus far) and then he ran off to find his friends, and i went back to shopping. As I was browsing the various rice toppings I heard the voices of three small children yelling "eigo no Sensie, Eigo no Sensei!!!" they were running around the store looking for me...three wee ones ages 2-6. cute! they wanted to know what I was buying, and how to say miso in English, and they were completely amazed when they learned we also call it Miso.

stay tuned for updates which are on their way because I have been a busy little bee and yet again I have a hefty weekend planned full of Halloween fun and Rock Party madness