火曜日, 11月 15, 2005

In less than 5 days....I will be in Hong Kong!

After giving speaking tests in a cold hallway all morning, I keep thinking to myself... "Carrie four more days until the weekend, and ONLY five more days until vacation...and Hong Kong's weather is upper 70s, your nose won't be cold much longer!"


In less than five days, I will be boarding a plane to fly to Hong Kong.. what started out as a last minute good idea to jet off somewhere for a weekend (we have Labor Thanksgiving Holiday next Wednesday here in Japan) has turned into a nine day get away.


The original idea had a departure of Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, but that easily warped into us saying "well, we would want to leave a bit early on Tuesday to get in on time...then we would have to take nenkyu (vacation day) on Tuesday, and if we have to take Tuesday off, then why not just go ahead and take Monday off, and get a couple more days in Hong Kong..giving us two Saturday nights (although we arrive at nearly 11pm on Saturday, I am sure we will still go for a good wandering to check out the night life)..so now my weekend getaway is a 9 day stint in Hong Kong...I am uber excited...I am ready for some new sights... some new sounds...a little getaway...and having travelled with Tiff before I know we will have a good time... I honestly didn't think I would get away before I return home to the States in December (by the way that is booked too: December 23-Jan 8) So this will be a nice change from the cold hallway of the school and the stuttering of students taking thier speaking tests with me... (thanks Tiff for the photo)

2 Comments:

Blogger kittykat said...

have a wicked time...went there in march, fucking loved it.

The food is fab, night markets too....have a good one
x

9:21 午前  
Blogger Ms. Doe said...

Have tons of fun! I hear that Hong Kong is a great place to be! Hope you post some pics!

3:15 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home